Boss Brain teaches kids (aged 5-10) how to be the manager and director of their own emotions and behaviours. Over 10 weeks, kids will learn basic education about how the brain and nervous system work, gain strategies to down regulate big emotions and behaviours and get to practice self-regulation strategies using the exciting bio-technology game Mightier paired with mindfulness practice and brain education.
Who is it for.
Boss Brain would suit kids that:
- Become easily bossed around by big emotions
- Get overwhelmed easily
- Tend to withdraw
- Struggle to cope with some of the basics in life
What will children learn.
Kids directly experience what activities like slow, deep breathing does to help calm them. With repeated practice, kids also develop emotional muscle memory so that they automatically engage a calming strategy when they feel themselves becoming out of control.
- Increased awareness of their own emotions
- Increased ability to control big emotions
- Increased ability to put the brakes on behaviours
- How to maintain attention for longer
- How to manage a tendency to be impulsive
- How to ‘pause’ and slow down
$60/per session ($600 for entire course). Payment options available. Medicare rebates available at referrer discretion. Please see our FAQs for further information on referral eligibility.
How to enrol.
We have limited spaces available each term, so if you are interested in knowing more about the program or about how to enrol your child, complete our expression of interest form below or call 02 4965 3530 to enquire.